Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Work-wear Wednesday

This outfit is a bit more casual than I can generally get away with at work - it was in fact worn on a Friday (we are allowed to dress more casually on a Friday) so I am cheating slightly!  These kind of oversized striped shirts are everywhere at the moment - they beautifully tick the monochrome trend box.  I was lucky to have won this on Ebay for around the £7 mark.  I believe there was a carbon copy of this shirt in Zara a few months ago which was more around the £40 mark.  I refuse to pay that amount for such a simplistic and easily copied design unless it is made of expensive material and is of beautiful quality.  I wanted to take this outfit out of the classical style and more towards my preferred quirky look hence the addition of the neon belt, studded flats and statement necklace.






 Shirt - H&M via Ebay, Skirt - Topshop, Belt - H&M, Shoes - Topshop, Necklace - New Look

Excuse the standard goofball shot, there is always one!  This necklace is a recent-ish New Look purchase - New Look and Forever 21 are my go-to for statement pieces at non-extortionate prices (looking at you Topshop!).  I am going to be doing a recent jewellery haul soon so you will be seeing a lot more of their pieces!


Hope everyone is having a good run-up to the long bank-holiday weekend :)

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment