Tuesday, 12 February 2013

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation & Rimmel Apocalips


I have recently tried two make-up products which have already made their way into my permanent make-up bag (and heart!)  Such a cheese ball!  A few blog posts ago I mentioned about the free samples of the YSL Touche Eclat foundation they were giving out and I picked one up the other day.  I have been wanting to try this product for ages and this was the push I needed - I rarely buy high-end foundations which carry a big expense without testing them out first.  I had huge expectations for this product due to the hype surrounding it (I do not think I have read one bad review) and I whole-heartedly agree with the glowing recommendations.  This has become my favourite foundation after just two uses! It is even better than the Jemma Kidd Light As Air in my opinion.  I really love the illumination it brings to the face and the coverage is so buildable although I find one coat looks beautiful and natural.  The colour range seems to be quite superb as well - I think this is the best colour match I have ever used in a foundation.  I think this makes my skin look the healthiest it has in awhile due to the fact that it is not a hugely masking foundation (erm herm Double Wear) and brings a gorgeous glow to the skin.  If you like a foundation which enhances your skin more so than masking it (dependent on the amount of product you use) I think you will enjoy this foundation.

Second rave review, which again will not come as a surprise, is the Rimmel Apocalips range.  I cannot get over how much I love these lipstick/lipgloss hybrids! I have been after a liquid lipstick type product for ages but did not want to pay a premium price-tag.  Although I have not tried the more high-end similar products I cannot see how they can be any better than this!  My only criticism is that it can bleed somewhat so I would advise using a lip liner (I always do anyway for that reason).  I bought the colours in Apocalyptic, Big Bang & Stellar and if you are a brightness fiend like me these will become your new best friends.  These colours really pack a punch in the pigmentation stakes so much so that I had several compliments for each of these shades when I wore them.  I was hugely impressed by the longevity of these as well as I assumed the colour would fade fairly rapidly but even after a meal the majority of the product was still in full force and only required a few touch-ups throughout the day.  I did not find these unflattering to the condition of your lips either although I would always advise to apply a lip-balm before any lip product to ensure smooth application.  Below is more of a close-up of these bad boys in action:



I definitely have a full blown make-up obsession on my hands!  Have you tried these make-up products?  How did they work for you?

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment