Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Work-wear Wednesday

This is what I wore to work today.  I adore this blouse which I first saw on Caroline Flack probably on some X Factor nonsense!!  The Chinese style print is inspired by Wedgwood china and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it gracing my TV screen :) When I was younger I used to have this style of china all over my house so it has instilled a sense of nostalgia in me whenever I see this pattern but I would think it was exquisite even without my sentimental stirrings!  This is from Topshop and is surprisingly good quality - the material is thick and the pattern is gorgeously intricate.

I wanted to take pictures outside during my lunch break however it was slightly problematic:


Therefore I took them inside in the evening which actually worked out splendidly as my new Zara beauties arrived and I thought they went perfectly with the outfit:


I found these brogues in the sale and I could not believe they were there as I think they are amazing.  They also only had my size left so it was clearly fate, the universe wants me to have these shoes!  The studded pattern reminds me slightly of the much lusted after and copied Chloe Susanna boot however this is slightly more subtle which I prefer - I don't think I can carry off the Chloe style of boot!

Now for some sensible pictures of the outfit minus gale force winds.



I also wore this leather contrast sleeve blazer that I got from the New Look sale a few months ago for a bargain and a half of £20!  These pleather sleeved style blazers I have seen in Zara this season for triple the price so I am delighted I snapped that up!  I can just about get away with wearing this at work as the main body of it is a normal blazer however my boss did come up to me saying 'Are you wearing a plastic jacket?' Aah my colleagues and fashion do not tend to mix well!



 Blouse - Topshop, Jacket - New Look, Brogues - Zara, Skirt - EBay, Lips - Rimmel Apocalips Stellar

Last but not least I decided to wear one of my new Barry M Gelly nail polishes that I thought went marvellously with the blouse.  I am extremely impressed with this product and will do a review soon:

Barry M Gelly nail polish in Blueberry

I would love your feedback if anyone else is enjoying this wedgwood style of clothing and if you could recommend anything similar.  Apologies that my pictures are coming out slightly pixellated I am not entirely sure why but am still getting used to this camera.  Does anyone have any idea how to stop this?  For reference my camera is a Samsung MV800.

Xx

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, the shirt is just like my post! xx


    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete